To amplify the voices of students and young people on their Sexual and reproductive health rights, and thus ensure that the regional and global debate on the post 2015 agenda and sustainable development goals considers young people’s SRHR as a priority.
Conference Strategic Objectives
- To provide a platform for systematically aggregate and amplified voices of students and young people on their Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in Southern Africa ;
- To provide a platform for collective reflection and analysis on the underlying structural barriers / factors which restrict students and young peoples’ from enjoying their rights;
- To analyse and interrogate strategies that have been implemented in Southern Africa to improve young people’s access to SRH services and suggest newer and better strategies which will address unmet needs, rights of excluded/underserved groups, such as students living with HIV, students living with disabilities and young women;
- To build and strengthen students and young people’s solidarity in the region so that they can collectively hold duty bearers to account for promoting, protecting and upholding their SRHR; and
- To strengthen partnerships with development actors in Southern Africa around students and young people’s sexual and reproductive health and rights.